Yard trimmings are composted and made into Dillo Dirt .
Use the My Schedule tool to get a personalized collection calendar for all residential curbside services, including yard trimmings pickup. You can add your schedule to Google, iCal or Outlook, or you can print it. You can also sign up for text, email or phone call reminders and alerts.
- Place your yard trimmings at the curb by 6:30 a.m. on your collection day.
- Place trash, recyclables and yard trimmings 5 feet apart to allow our automated trucks to collect materials safely and efficiently.
- Put yard trimmings in lawn-and-leaf kraft paper bags or a reusable container that is no larger than 34-gallons and no heavier than 50 pounds.
- Small branches should be tied with string or twine into manageable bundles no heavier than 50 pounds.
- Yard trimmings placed at the curb in plastic bags will be collected as trash and will be subject to extra trash fees.
- Did we miss your cart? Call Austin Resource Recovery at 3-1-1 or send us an e-mail. We will come by to pick up the missed material as soon as possible.
- Brush and tree limbs too large to be collected during regular yard trimmings collection can be collected during periodic large brush collection.