Earn Your Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Our Medical Billing and Coding Certificate can help start your healthcare career with key skills for analyzing and managing patient data, navigating electronic health records systems and coding healthcare data based on coding principles. With fully online courses, you can earn your Certificate in as few as nine months on a schedule that fits your busy life.*
With your Medical Billing and Coding certificate, you can seamlessly move into our Health Information Technician Associate’s degree when you’re ready to advance your career.
To see how this program can help you achieve your goals:
- Course plan customized for you
- Support and financial aid planning
- Career path guidance with no obligation
Read more about this program
and then request information specific to you
Gain In-Demand Medical Billing and Coding Skills Employers Seek
Gain important professional skills that employers seek, including critical thinking and communication as well as an understanding of medical ethics and confidentiality.
Prepare for Medical Coding Certification
Our Medical Billing and Coding online program prepares you to take the CCA or CCS certification exam offered by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). 1 For qualified students, the first attempt of the eligible exam is included in the total program costs. 2 According to AHIMA. the CCA designation has been the national standard of achievement in health information management since 2002.
1 The first attempt of the CCS exam may be included in lieu of the CCA if you can demonstrate a minimum of two years’ coding experience directly applying codes.
2 The application fee for each qualified student’s first attempt at the CCA or CCS exam is included in the total program costs. Should you need to take the exam more than once to receive a passing score, you will be responsible for all subsequent exam application fees.
Our Grads Work Across Industries
Graduates from our School of Health Science programs are working for leading industries, including:*
- Health Systems
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Local & State Government
- Public & Community Health
- Social Services
117 Years of Successful Graduates
At Rasmussen College, we’ve been dedicated to our mission of preparing students for career success since 1900.
*Industry information reported by Rasmussen College graduates. This list does not constitute an endorsement of Rasmussen College by the industries shown above. Listing does not guarantee or imply that future employment opportunities within these industries will be available.
Need more detailed information about our program?
Program Entry Requirements
Enrolling students must complete and pass a criminal background check. Entrance requirements at the Rasmussen College School of Health Sciences vary depending on the program. We do not require enrolling students to submit standardized test scores; however, every entrant must have at least a high school diploma or the equivalent.
RN to BSN Expected Program Outcomes*
- As contributors to a global community, 90% of the Program graduates will remain employed as a Registered Nurse or advance their career within the Scope of the BSN Generalist Role, as measured within one year of graduation.
- In support of lifelong learning, the Program graduates will be prepared to further their education in the fields of Nursing or Health Care.
- In support of service to students, 85% of the Program graduates will indicate that the Program fulfilled their expectations and that they would recommend the Program to others.
- Of the responding employers, 70% will indicate satisfaction with the Program graduates’ preparedness and knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to serve diverse communities, as measured within one year of graduation.
- Consistent with the goals of an institution of higher learning, 70% of students who enroll in the Program will successfully complete the Program on an average time to completion of eight academic quarters.
- The Program will employ appropriately credentialed and experienced faculty who demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning through ongoing professional development and educational opportunities.
*CCNE defines Program Outcomes as “Statements of levels of achievement, which encompass student achievement, faculty achievement, and other program-selected indicators of achievement. Program outcomes may be expressed in the form of overall program goals, end-of program outcomes, curricular outcomes, and/or faculty outcomes.”
Ready to Start Your Path in Medical Billing and Coding?
You’ll receive support and financial aid planning, a customized course plan and career path guidance—with no obligation.
How Much Could You Earn as a Medical Professional?
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics. [salary data accessed August 9, 2016] www.bls.gov/oes/. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. [career information accessed February 25, 2016] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
How Much Will it Cost?
See how affordable your degree of choice is:
We Help Make College Affordable
At Rasmussen College, we believe higher education should be a successful investment. That’s why we offer affordable options that make earning your degree attainable. See how you can save:
Important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program: