#affordable #housing, #first #time #homebuyer, #tsahc, #downpayment #assistance, #homes #for #heroes, #land #bank, #affordable #housing #developer, #private #activity #bond, #foreclosure #prevention
Home Down Payment Assistance
Are you ready to buy a home? We can help. The Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation (TSAHC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization created at the direction of the Texas Legislature to create affordable housing in Texas. We provide fixed-rate mortgage financing, down payment assistance grants and mortgage credit certificates for teachers, police officers, corrections officers, fire fighters, EMS personnel, veterans and low and moderate-income home buyers. Our programs are open to first-time home buyers, as well as repeat home buyers and existing homeowners.
These loans and home down payment assistance programs are available through a network of lenders across the state and all provide the following benefits:
- A 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loan
- Down payment assistance that does not need to be repaid
- No upfront points or fees taken out of down payment assistance
- You do not need to be a first-time homebuyer
- You do not need to live in the home for any set period of time
- Can be used to purchase a home or refinance an existing loan
- First-time buyers can also use TSAHC s Mortgage Credit Certificate Program.
To see if you qualify and view approved lenders, complete our eligibility quiz!