RN to BS Option
The RN to BS completion degree enables practicing registered nurses with either an associate’s degree or diploma in nursing to earn a bachelor’s degree. The program can be completed in one year of full time study after completion of pre-requisites. A two year part-time option is also available.
- Completion of baccalaureate degree in one year
- Completely online (excluding clinicals)
- Courses build on previous learning and clinical experience
- Adult focused learning
- Summer start date
Students must apply for admission to Georgia State University as transfer students and to the School of Nursing (SON). Applications can be made simultaneously, however SON admission will be contingent upon acceptance to Georgia State. Please contact SON advisers for questions about the process.
April 15th Summer admissions only
Apply to the program
Talk to an Adviser
Office of Academic Assistance
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:15 p.m.
811 Urban Life Building
Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone Number: (404) 413- 1000
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Acceptance to Georgia State University (see Application for Admission to Georgia State University) with nursing as the designated major
- Graduation from an accredited associate degree or diploma program
- Current license to practice as a registered professional nurse in Georgia
- Evidence of practice as a registered nurse (evaluated on an individual basis)
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 in pre-requisite courses
- A minimum grade of C or higher in all prerequisite courses
- Courses taken at other accredited institutions may be used to satisfy pre-requisite course requirements
- A maximum of 60 transferred semester hours can be applied toward degree credit from any two year college
- A transfer equivalency table is available here. Please use this table only as a guide.
Click on image to enlarge.